This copyright and use statement applies to all work including, but not limited to: digital audio, images, photography, and representations of physical mixed media, crafts and jewelry (hereinafter referred to as "work") found on the rosestarstudio.com domain (hereinafter referred to as "site"), maintained by Rose Star Studio, Inc. and its legal subsidiaries (hereinafter collectively referred to as "RSS"). Please read carefully.
© 2021 Rose Star Studio, Inc. All rights reserved.
I. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
No permission is granted for the electronic transmission, storage, retrieval, or printing of any work contained on site, other than that which is related to normal web browser caching practices. No individuals visiting site or viewing work may download, copy, modify, publish, transmit, or distribute the contents found herein. Express written permission must be granted by RSS prior to use. Your use of site or viewing of this statement indicates your acceptance of these conditions.
All work contained on site remain the sole property of RSS under domestic and international copyright laws. All copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights remain the property of RSS.
II. PRIVATE USE
The following conditions define RSS permission to link to or use images or text from site for private use only:
- You may print a copy for personal reference without further permission;
- Students are welcome to download images and incorporate them into school reports, presentations, etc. for free so long as proper credit or citation is given;
- Images may be displayed on screen on any personal device that is not being used for commercial or public viewing purposes;
- You may create site hyperlinks for personal, non-commercial use (i.e. genealogy records not maintained by or accessed via any online database or service); and
- If you are preparing free online site guides for events, artists and art forums, you may make use of these images so long as proper credit or citation is given.
III. COMMERCIAL & ONLINE GENEALOGICAL DATABASE SERVICE USE
Those persons who wish to use any work found on site in a commercial fashion - including, but not limited to printed event guides and advertising - must receive written consent from RSS prior to use. To obtain consent, interested parties should contact us and include the following information:
- Image(s) you would like to use;
- Where they will be displayed;
- How they will be displayed;
- Intent of its display;
- Duration of their public viewing; and
- Any other information you feel would be useful.
Commercial use of any RSS work without prior consent is a violation of United States and International copyright law.
IV. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION METHODS
To maintain the integrity of copyrighted material found on site, several copyright protection methods have been utilized. Some of these methods include, but are not limited to:
- Placement of watermarks
- Resizing of images
- Conversion of images to low resolution for web use
If you would like to use a specific image with some of the copyright protection methods removed, please contact us and describe the intended use.
The act of infringing on a copyright is serious and punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Effective November 11, 2020